Sunday 18 March 2018

Here We Go Again !!!

 You know how it is when you have a few things that just want finishing off but you can't seem to settle to them. You browse through pictures that you have saved thinking "one day"


Well, that day came to pass. 😮

I spotted a quilt done in blues and creams and thought how good it would look in scrap colours - so off I went and cut some of the 800+ squares needed for the HST's. I haven't counted them yet but I may have done a few too many 🙄

 I then spent several hours marking the diagonal on the light sqaures
 Only to remember that I have a 'gadget' to save this step of the process 😧
Hey Ho!  I've started so I'll finish - more pressing is required and then I can start the construction of some of the blocks. 

And I won't tell you about the box of ready made HST's I came across when tidying up 🤦🤦 


I went off to my Crochet Class with a new project in mind and it may have taken me
 ALL MORNING to get this far, I am thrilled that it looks just as it should do so it seems that I may have learned something after all 😉


 We were due "down south' on Saturday to oversee childcare whilst Mummy and Daddy went off to London for a treat. However Little Miss O had been poorly all week with a raging temperature, so we went a couple of days early to cover whilst Mummy went to work.

Best way to get a temperature down?

Why a paddle in the sea of course!!
 It was such a beautiful day we spent several hours on the beach with a picnic lunch

Nourishing bag of Monster Munchies and a rest
And then of course the obligatory Ice Cream
 Before heading back home for tea
I told her not to get her trousers wet!!
 There is much discussion amongst my offspring regarding the merits of my Childcare .  DD says she does not question their safety but has doubts regarding their dignity 😲
 Anyway, we had a lovely day and all bugs have been banished.
It was a bit of a shock the following morning to wake to sub zero temperatures and some of THIS!! 
                                        


What a difference a day makes !!

 And talking weather.....  
Remember me telling you what fabulous weather we had on our January stay in Portugal?  
 

Well earlier this month, Little Miss E took her first flight to the same destination  


Well to say that their experience weather was not as favorable as we had experienced

They arrived just after a terrific storm which took the beach from this

to this

The sand has started to return slowly - hopefully this idyllic beach will return to its former glory before we return later in the year.

4 comments:

  1. What a difference a day makes and I think it was my fault - I went to the garden centre and spent a fortune in seed potatoes and seed packets because the weather was sooo warm!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt project sounds mammoth, but look forward to seeing your progress. Sure we'd get along as I've lots I still want to do & think that is the problem with getting motivated as you don't know where to start. I'm making a bit of headway with getting tops quilted. Love your crochet pansy & like me, you are on a steep learning curve with crochet. I learnt as a child & popped in & out of it over the years, but am challenging myself now, as I find it very therapeutic whilst watching TV of a night. Take care & stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks, like you had a wonderful time 'down south' not that I would fancy dipping my toes in the water, but children never seem to feel the cold while having fun. Looking forward to seeing your quilt and your crochet grow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dignity is over rated in children. ;-) Good luck with all your HSTs, that's a lot!!

    ReplyDelete