Tuesday 14 November 2017

Its been a busy couple of weeks

 That started off with a card that melted my heart

My sisters niece Florrie who is 7 had sent her favourite Big Duck's dress for repair.

 It was actually beyond repair, but after trimming all the threadbare hemline and adding lace , making some tiny lace rosettes to cover the holes that had been rubbed into the little dress, I had made the best job that I could.

 It still was not a pretty sight,  so I selected a piece of very pretty Liberty Lawn fabric and made Big Duck a new outfit too.
  It took HOURS. Even though it was TINY!! 
But Off they went in the post back to Big Duck, and a few days later this arrived in the post.

Every minute taken was worthwhile 😊


 Poppy Pete has returned to the village for a stay
 He sits guard over the Memorial on the Market Square
We have had a little family celebration...

On Friday 13th November 1987 this Darling Girl came into our lives.

 Lucky Lucky us πŸ’—
Happy Birthday Susannah x


The house has been invaded by the smell of onions πŸ˜– But they are now in the jars and will be ready for the festive season
 I am about a month late making my Christmas Puddings, but the fruit has been soaking and the rest of the ingredients will be added tomorrow and then a marathon steaming session will take place. 
 Sister 2 has told me how many calories there are in a homemade Christmas Pud 😳  so now I apparently have to run 2 miles for every slice πŸƒ - as if that's going to happen  πŸ˜‚


 I have managed to quilt my Scrappy Ladder to the Stars quilt
 Which included a pieced backing

and I think I will call this one Outlander as I watched a whole TWO seasons of the series whilst piecing this  - and then the 3rd season (so far) whilst quilting.  

I think I may be hooked 😁
Well, why not πŸ˜‰πŸ˜Š

2 comments:

  1. Well done with your Xmas puddings (I make a very light type due to heat here in summer), and the quilt looks fabulous, even the back, so definitely reversible. Belated 30th birthday wishes to Susannah & I notice her with an owl. Lucky girl. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Susannah!! Have you made a cake as well?

    ReplyDelete