Wednesday 1 November 2017

And There It Was - Gone!!

Though I cannot claim to have done nothing this last month!

There have been several days out including a girls jaunt down to Alexander Palace to the Knitting and Stitching show.
 Which was soooo busy even though we went on the Wednesday, which has always been the quietest day. It looks like lots of people have heard that 😒

We were all tempted by Spellbound Beads display of twinkling goodies 

so we all met up a couple of weeks later for a beady day.

And yes - this took me ALL DAY to make this 😲 and I love it so will definitely will make more

Mr T and I went off to see (not before time) the film Dunkirk.  A great movie.  The numbers of stranded soldiers that they were talking about  is hard to comprehend. A trip over the Channel is on the cards in the spring.

After the movie we went up to Kilworth House for a gifted (Mr T's birthday last year)  afternoon tea


 It was scrumptious and well worth the wait




Far too much time (and I don't care at all)  has been spent cuddling this little treasure

who is 12 weeks old now! How did that happen!!

SIL had a Big birthday and a little celebration dinner went down very nicely.
Baby came too.


I also looked after little Miss O during half term
 and some cousin love was going on. She now wants to change her name to include her cousins - Bless her

The first request when she comes to stay is a trip to our Library.
 And dolly has to come too. It's very worrying because with the council cuts that are happening, it looks like Higham Library is under threat of closure!  Madness!

Learning to pedal a bike was also on the cards.
After walking her MILES around the streets we can tick that off as a success too.

Little Miss was delivered back to her parents, and little brother. 

Hmmm.  🤔 Whats that 😮  He was fine in the morning 😷 Chicken Pox !!

So off we go down to look after Master L whilst Mummy went to work (she had only started back a couple of weeks ago!!)
Looks poorly, doesn't he!
We are now sitting in a darkened room


On the crafting front - Well I have done a little bit

Played yarn chicken with the shawl I was making
 and won!

The yarn for this was a birthday gift and is super soft and squishy

A Flex Frame bag workshop at my local group produced this 


My Mini Mania Challenge was completed at the beginning of the month as I knew I was going to be busy
 And I have been diving into the scrap box again to make some little bits for a Brownie sales table this month
 These little purses are so easy to make and just have to have one of the little flex frames to be inserted.


I think that's it for October.

Hoping to set aside time this month to quilt two tops that i finished a while ago, and then I have a quilt waiting to be payed with.

3 comments:

  1. Wow., you have been busy, & now know why your blogging has been quiet. Lovely makes. Well done. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy, busy, busy - see you Monday to catch up. Love the bauble. Must make up my two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, October flew by. So fast. Looks like you had a good month! And those beads! Wow!

    ReplyDelete