I have spent many hours playing with beads and making Christmas baubles in all sorts of colours and patterns and I am sure there will be more where these came from
It's not that I've been idle. I have made good progress with my crochet blanket and once a week I make myself sew all the ends in
There's a lot of ends......
But I think I only have a dozen or so rows to complete before I stitch a border and then done!
That has been put to one side as Little Miss needs a new white cardigan so that has taken priority. Hopefully I will get the last sleeve finished and the border knitted up before we see her next. If not it will go off in the post and we always have a "thank you" video so that is lovely. How that child is growing!
|my lovely Yarn-bowl bought at Fibre East last year|
I had sorted out some fabrics for this challenge, but I had also sorted out some of the leftover half square triangles from previous Minis and thought that it would be a good idea to use these. We are making a Sampler Quilt and I was planning on 3" blocks.
My first block went together well, but my calculations were a "bit" awry !
|Duh!! finished size is one and a half inches!!|
You know when you sew a strip on the wrong side? And then on the right side but the wrong way round? Twice ? Yup. That was me!
|still not giving up!|
|but I don't like the binding .......|
I have given myself a bit of a kick up the whatsit and pulled a load of fabrics that I have had for a while and am surely never going to use because I have more that I like better.
A few hours using the over-locker
and a few more on the sewing machine has
resulted in 46 pairs of shorts that will be sent off to the Dress a Child Charity
Oh! And I whizzed up 9 more knitting bags with those bits and now I have a whole empty drawer.
And a "need to think about this" project has begun. I had been given an old faux leather tub chair which I plan to re-cover (hate leather and faux leather even more)
I have been wondering how best to take a pattern for this when Darling Daughter came to visit.........
|One chair "uncovered" and old cover ready as pattern!|