Wednesday 21 October 2015

Wow!!

Its been ages since I got around to updating my little Blog!

I've not been slacking, just had loads on and other things taking up my time.


I have spent 6 days at the Knitting and Stitching Exhibition at
Alexandra Palace. Great time spent with Kids Quilts and was thoroughly exhausted by the end!
All to be unpacked
Starting to take shape

Last bit of tidying
A new project brought home.....


We did meet some lovely new friends
My friend L bought some super yarn from Home Farm Wensleydales, and (she who does not knit) made up a pair of fingers mitts in one evening!
such fabulous colours
 I did resist purchasing some of this lovely yarn as I have so much at home to knit up!

Alexandra Palace is a beautiful building, walking up (the VERY steep) hill leaves you somewhat breathless, but walking into the Palm Court just takes what's left of your breath away!  



And what could be better than to have a view of the beautiful Rose Window whilst you work?

I have to confess that I did leave the show mid afternoon on Sunday ( so I was not involved in the take down - phew!) as I had a previously booked event to attend.
I drove (through the London traffic!!) along to Leigh on Sea to attend a friend's 40th Wedding Anniversary celebrations.  There was much food an dancing and I will not comment on which I participated in and which I did not...

The following morning was spent dropping pebbles into the sea with my own personal fountain of youth.
she collects pebbles so big decisions made as to which to throw!!
Got home to find a parcel had been delivered - My Around The World Craft Swap goody . A bright and cheery crochet bag !
already filled with my current crochet project

                                   
and lots of extras that the lovely Elaine had put together 

                            

I cannot show the craft that I have made yet as it has not been received by my partner,

So then we had a week of catching up with chores and getting ready for a little surprise trip. 
And of course a bit of home making.  I thought that I would give mincemeat a go. Don't know why I haven't tried it before because it was so easy!  These jars have been put away for a few weeks to let the mixture mature.

                         
I will tell you the rest of my exploits in a short while.

2 comments:

  1. You certainly have been busy....so much inspiration in the building and on the pebbly beach!:)

    So...will you use the mincemeat for pies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Home made mincemeat is yummy. I have been finishing mine up lately so may have to make more for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete