Tuesday 20 May 2014

Ta Dah!!!!!

At last !!

I have finished my first Sew Along!
25" square, 3" blocks
And I really am quite please (or relieved!)
There was LOTS of cutting (tiny pieces) and it was fiddly to put together. But actually no different than making a larger quilt, of which I have made many! It also takes about the same time too, so bang goes my "haven't got time at the moment so I will make something small".  Duh!!!


But I loved it. I do love it. It is very square (bonus!) and very flat and hangs nicely on the wall.
I know that my quilty friend has finished hers, but she has been gracious enough not to publish until I had finished mine.

She also has another idea for a miniature - and I do mean miniature.

Block size one and a half (YES 1+1/2" BLOCK!)
which I have already had nightmares about, but my friend has risen to so many ideas of mine over the last couple of years ( I have been sewing by proxy!) - I am gladly (sort of) going to rise to this challenge.

But not before I have finished a smocking project that started like this
for Olivia
I am not going to show you the progress , because it has been slow, but I will finished the smocking by this weekend - I PROMISE!!

I have been distracted by making some of the cute shorts for the charity that sends them to Africa.  A friend makes them for her church to send, and the next shipment will go in August and it only took a couple of hours from start to finish, and that included over-locking the fabric samples together to make the pieces big enough to cut the pattern from. This simple pattern can be found here

over-locked scraps made into shorts
 And you many know that we have a wedding in July, and all plans are going well for that but mostly due to Miss S being in charge of proceedings, so obviously we can fit in a Christening of Miss O in in June?! Of course.
Bunting for the garden - of course. Cake for the day - of course.
Honestly - I wasn't asked - I volunteered and  am delighted to do it too.

Bunting all in hand, and would have been finished, but it needed pressing and the weather has been glorious here - but HOT - so pressing will take place a bit later when the sun is no longer shining, and then it just needs adding to the tape. Sorted.


 Not starting ANYTHING else (at the moment!!)

2 comments:

  1. Phew! You have been busy. Love your mini quilt, and well done for finishing first. Your little dress will be so sweet so look forward to seeing more of that. I saw those shorts in person(so to speak) and they are great fun and any little child will love them. Bunting looks good, cake will be delish now go and have a lie down in a darkened room x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quilt great and the shorts are wonderful and greatly appreciated. Can not wait to see the the dress.The bunting is good fun and I am sure you are really enjoying being Granny (it's good to be busy keeps you out of trouble)

    ReplyDelete